Zoom app is a versatile, cloud-based video conferencing and web conferencing platform enabling, online courses, document sharing, online meetings, texting, bunch informing, and then some, for clients in organizations, all things considered.
Zoom originally Founded in 2011 by leaders and engineers from Cisco and WebEx, Zoom utilizes HD video and top-notch sound to make a vivid video conferencing and screen-sharing experience for distant groups. Zoom’s work area and local versatile applications empower groups to associate and team up from anywhere.
Zoom has become so popular and zoom deserves its popularity due to its impressive performance, overall stability, and a wide array of features.
How to download Zoom
You can download and install Zoom on your Android smartphone or your iPhone, it’s available for both on Google Play Store and Apps Store. If you want more screen space, you can also download the app on your computer by visiting zoom.us/download. You can also use Zoom via Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
All things considered, this is significantly more convoluted than downloading a typical application on the grounds that there are huge loads of other Zoom applications uncommonly intended for various purposes. For example, there is dedicated software for conference calls.
Here are the links:
- Zoom Cloud Meetings for iOS: Link
- Zoom Cloud Meetings for Android: Link
- Zoom Cloud Meetings for Windows: Link
- Zoom app for Mac: Link
Another interesting feature of Zoom is that it even permits users to join a meeting directly from its website. In this way, in the event that you simply need to join a meeting without downloading any app, you can do that too.
Zoom App Features:
This feature allows you to share your screen with your zoom meeting participants. By default this feature is disabled. You can enable screen sharing for a specific meeting, or you can change your settings to enable participant screen sharing by default for all meetings.
While in a meeting, you can share the following content.
- Mobile or Desktop Entire screen
- One or more specific applications
- A specific portion of your screen
- Locally stored video
- Content from another camera
In this feature zoom allows users to send messages to other participants in a meeting. You can send messages to an entire group or you can send private messages to specific participants in meetings.
Local recording is accessible to free and paid subscribers. Local recording permits members to record meeting video and sound locally to a PC. The recorded documents can be transferred to document storage like Dropbox, Google Drive, or a real-time feature like YouTube or Vimeo.
The Virtual Background feature permits you to show a picture or video as your background during a Zoom Meeting. This feature works best with an actual green screen and uniform lighting to permit Zoom to distinguish the contrast between you and your background.
You can transfer your own pictures or recordings as a virtual background, or use nothing and simply obscure the background all things considered.
Also Read: SHAREit – Transfer & Share App Review
Supported Operating System
- macOS X with macOS 10.7 or later
- Windows 10
- Note: For devices running Windows 10, they must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported tablet and mobile devices
- Surface PRO 2 or higher running Win 8.1 or higher
- Note: For tablets running Windows 10, they must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S
- Mode is not supported.
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Zoom App Detail:
- App Name: Zoom
- File Size: 124 MB
- Current Version: 126.96.36.1996
- Devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, Window
- Price: Free and Subscription
- Release date: September 10, 2012
- Category: Business
- Offered by: Zoom.us
- Last updated: May 25, 2021